How to join
Membership is open to all (both men and women) who support the Aims of the Society (see below) and pay the annual subscription.
If you join now your subscription will run until the end of 2012. Current rates are:
- full rate: £14 per member or £24 for a two-member household
- unwaged (unemployed, students, or state pensioners): £9 per member or £15 for a two-member household
- two-member household, one full rate, one unwaged: £20.
There's a discount for new joiners, depending on the month when you join.
If you would like to join, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you all the information you need, or you can download an application form and send it in with your subscription to:
1 Sydenham Court
52 Sydenham Road
The Aims of the Society are:
To support the principles that:
- Homosexual Equality demands the acknowledgement that
- Homosexuality is a valid form of sexual expression
- lesbians, gays and bisexuals have a right to live free from social and legal discrimination
- gay people make a contribution to society equal to that of heterosexuals.
- Homosexual Equality therefore requires:
- The elimination of sexism, racism and ageism in all their forms.
- The positive representation in education and media of homosexuality and the lives of lesbian, gay and bisexual people.
- The promotion of gay pride and of mutual support within the gay community.
To organise and encourage a variety of social, cultural, recreational and educational events in order to benefit the social life of the local gay community.
To provide help and support for homosexual men and women in difficulties.
To participate fully with other community groups to ensure that the needs of homosexual people are taken into account at all levels.
For more information
For more general enquiries, or if you would like to know more before joining, information, e-mail us, or telephone Geoff on 07827 397 817 for more information.