CAGS – Croydon Area Gay Society
For lesbians and gay men in and around Croydon
For contact details, see our "How to join" page
How to join
Membership is open to all (both men and women) who support the Aims of the Society (see below) and pay the annual
There's a discount, depending on the month when you join, and reduced prices
for non-earners and for two people at the same address.
If you would like to join, please
download the current application form
and send it with a cheque or postal order for your subscription (subscription rates are on the form) to:
℅ 3 Thanescroft Gardens
Note that this address is for postal enquiries only: we don't have an office!
Also sending your application by the Royal Mail "Signed For" service (recorded delivery) is likely to cause delays.
If you have difficulty downloading and printing the form, just e-mail us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will
send you all the information you need.
The Aims of the Society are:
To support the principles that:
- Homosexual Equality demands the acknowledgement that
- Homosexuality is a valid form of sexual expression
- lesbians, gays and bisexuals have a right to live free from social
and legal discrimination
- gay people make a contribution to society equal to that of
- Homosexual Equality therefore requires:
- The elimination of sexism, racism and ageism in all their forms.
- The positive representation in education and media of homosexuality
and the lives of lesbian, gay and bisexual people.
- The promotion of gay pride and of mutual support within the gay
To organise and encourage a variety
of social, cultural, recreational and educational events in order to benefit
the social life of the local gay community.
To provide help and support for
homosexual men and women in difficulties.
To participate fully with other
community groups to ensure that the needs of homosexual people are taken into
account at all levels.
For more information
For more general enquiries, or if you would like to know more before
joining, e-mail us
for more information.